First of all, the old Municipal theatre (1) can be seen and right behind it, in what is now the Prefecture building, an electricity factory was standing (12). Across the road, the running field (3) which exists today as well, was the place in which the young people had been practising sports. San Rocco square (2) was the focal point of the new town which was still growing by building apartment blocks. To the west, the square at the front of the old mental hospital (5) and to the southwest (7) Methodiou street hadn't been constructed yet! At the left bottom of the image, the San Salvatore hill wasn't hidden behind the Marasli street's (9) apartment blocks. Leoforos Alexandras (11) was a less densely populated boulevard with few apartments and more grand houses, some of which even exist today. Towards the southeast, the tennis courts (4) and the now gone old Bella Venezia buildings (8) are the most prominent features of this affluent part of town.
|The 1943 aerial|
|A recent aerial image from Google Earth which covers the very same area with the older one|