On Ioulias Andreadi street, just opposite the now vacant old hospital there is another neoclassical building which dates from 1899. It has two floors. The ground floor has two doors, one for the first floor apartment and one for the upper floor one.
Like many houselords do in Greece, only the lower floor is painted while the upper one looks like it hadn't been painted for ages.
The door leading to the upper floor has a nice piece of ironwork featuring a "lyra" bearing the number 1899 which probably states the year in which the building had been completed.
Looking at the documentary photo below, which dates from the 1870s, we can clearly see that the area was scarcely populated. The red arrow marks the site on which the building of this post would be build in late 1890s.
|Ioulias Andreadi str. taken from Avramiou hill|
The whole style of the building follows the neoclassical line which was dominant in late 19th century - early 20th century Greece. Although this type of architecture generally was strict and simple, it reflected the classical architecture found in ancient Athens.
Nowadays, building of this type stand out of the indifferent 60s monstrosities.