Tuesday 4 March 2008

How to get to know new people by using the bluetooth of your mobile device

I was in Athens last weekend. I went there because I was sitting the IELTS exam (for those who might don't know, this exam certifies you that your knowledge in English is adequate for working or studying in an English speaking country). Hopefully I did well...We will see the results in two weeks :P

I saw some friends who live there and we decided to go out for a coffee. We went to a really busy place in the centre of Athens, where is a street lined with coffee shops along its sidewalks. After some wandering in order to find a vacant table to sit, we finally found one. Before sending to my friend a photo to his mobile photo, I did a search for active mobile devices around me. I found the suprising number of around 20 phones which had their bluetooth active in a radius of ten metres around the place I was seated.
Just for fun, I sent a funny photo to an unknown phone which belonged according to the name displayed to a girl. She accepted what I sent. Suddenly, I had the idea that we can flirt this girl with our mobile phones. So, I wrote a note to her and sent it via bluetooth. She answered back immediately and she refused to get to know me cause she claimed that she have a boyfriend.
Anyway, try the same! I believe one in ten girls flirted in that way, may want do a blind date, lol!

Some instructions:
- Activate your bluetooth while staying somewhere without moving.
- Do a search for other active devices.
- After displaying all the results, choose a device you want and send a photo or a note.

Be careful, don't accept files that are not photos or notices. They might be a mobile phone virus! Also, while sending don't move - bluetooth has a radius of 10 mere metres only! You may lose the contact with the device you sending and receiving files!

That's all - good luck with your bluetooth flirting!

No comments: