Sunday 9 December 2007

I Want My MTV! MTV Greece on the way at last!!




Yes!! According to the greek sunday newspaper "To Thema" and some internet resources, MTV Greece is underway at last! It's something many Greek people and music lovers were waiting for many years. One of the most recognisable brands worldwide and the first music channel which had broadcasted first time from New York at the August of 1981, was a rebellion to the music industry and changed many people's lifestyle forever.

The greek edition is going to start broadcasting the spring of 2008, while some say it will kick off this New Year's eve! It took several months of negotiations between the brand with the greek investor, the shipowner Viktoras Restis to came to an agreement and finally the greek side gains the copyright. The MTV set a rule that the MTV Greece will be broadcasted to over the fifty per cent of the country, so I hope Corfu will be in the area of coverage cause it's the place I reside.

MTV Greece will broadcast international MTV shows such as Pimp My Ride, Dismissed and Viva La Bam as well all the MTV's awards, all greek-subtitled! I hope the music video part will be mostly international and less greek oriented with an emphasis to the quality of the programmes.

That's all for now, I hope I'll post further updates on that in one of the next weeks.

No comments: